New York is one of the top states people are moving away from. Florida is one of the top states people are moving to. It’s no wonder, really.
Whether you’re seeking the perfect retirement destination or relocating your family to a more low-key part of the country, moving from New York to Florida has many perks—but don’t pack your bags just yet! There are some things you want to know beforehand.
Moving to Florida has many benefits.
Are you tired of unbearably frigid temperatures? Do you dream of experiencing those feel-good Florida vacation vibes permanently? These are just some of the benefits to moving from New York to Florida. Here are a few more:
- There is no state income tax.
- You can enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
- Florida residents receive discount pricing for major local attractions.
- There’s NO SNOW!!
There are some downsides too.
As with all good things, there are some downsides to keep in mind. These New York to Florida moving cons may or may not be a deal-breaker for you, but it’s good to be informed in any case:
- Many jobs in Florida pay less than jobs in New York.
- There could be more tourists and part-time residents.
- Hurricanes, extreme heat, and high humidity can be hard to get used to.
Prepare for long-distance moving.
Long-distance moving is a challenge, no matter where you’re moving to. With so much to get done, you will be glad to have some tips to help you get better organized before that big day arrives:
- Sort through your belongings and decide what stays and what goes.
- Donate unwanted items or host a garage sale to make some extra cash.
- Switch utilities and change your address with the post office ahead of time.
- Purchase quality packing supplies or hire professional packers and movers.
- Prepare an on-the-go bag for kids including snacks and road games.
Hire the right moving company.
Unless you plan to pack, deliver, and unpack your entire household yourself, take some time to research long-distance moving companies. To make sure you’re getting the best quality and value possible, look for these accolades of achievement:
- Better Business Bureau Accreditation
- Positive Customer Reviews
- Many Years of Experience
- Long-Distance Moving Capabilities
- Free Moving Cost Estimates
The gist is…
The sooner you get started, the better!
The more you accomplish ahead of time the easier moving day will be. This might be a no brainer, but it’s easy to get so caught up in the excitement of it all that little details go unnoticed.
If you’re reading this article, then you’re off to a good start. Do more research about the pros and cons of your destination, create a moving to-do list, and check something off each day if possible.
Do you need long-distance moving assistance? We can help.
Are you moving from New York to Florida? For quality and affordable long-distance moving solutions, contact Maffucci Moving & Storage. We are happy to help you create a custom moving plan and provide the free pricing information you need!